Traffic Safety 101/Safe Cycling Class
Saturday May 7, 2016
8:00am – 6:00pm
(Rain date Sunday May 8)
Roswell-Alpharetta Public Safety Training Center
11565 Maxwell Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30009
Are you ready to be a ride leader for your club?
Do you want to increase your knowledge and expertise in the art and science of bicycling? Are you interested in becoming an official League Cycling Instructor (LCI)?
Then, this is for you!
Morning session Classroom
- Bicycle Basics (types of bikes, maintenance, the bike, etc.)
- Biking in Traffic (rules of the road, crash data)
- Enjoying the Ride (etiquette, equipment, riding with motorists)
Lunch break – approximately 30 minutes
Afternoon session Road
- Bike Handling and Avoidance Maneuvers
- Road Ride
Alternative online training is available instead of the morning classroom section.
For more information, contact Nedra Deadwyler, Safety Education Program Manager for Georgia Bikes and LCI instructor – email@example.com
Checklist items to bring
- Check or cash for $30 registration fee.
To register, send name, email address, and zip code to firstname.lastname@example.org