BR! Thursday Night Ride
10517 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075
The first official ride of the 2017 Season
is Thursday, March 30th, 6:00 p.m.!
Join us in Roswell and ride beautiful flats along the Chattahoochee coupled with optional, spectacula climbs (1500 ft of ascent) that can challenge the best rider. Something for every cyclist.
As tradition goes, this night ride will start every year on the third Thursday AFTER the TIME CHANGE (not necessarily the second Thursday of the month) to allow for more light and the safety of the riders. We ride until the last Thursday in September due to diminished daylight conditions. All will start at 6PM and separate by pain into smaller groups. Late in the season, if you don’t make the stop sign at the fire station on Lake Charles and Jones by 7PM then turn right and ride 20 miles. It will be near dark by your return so please bring lights to be safe. We suggest you ride with a buddy. If you don’t have a buddy then, using the words of Woody from Toy Story, “Get One!”
Four groups to choose from! Start times:6:00 PM (March, first part April, & September); 6:30 PM (Late April, May thru August).
NEW Start/Finish location: 10517 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075
The BR! Thursday Night Ride Start/Finish is changing from Riverside Park to the location of our Saturday morning ride. This is the parking lot located between Roswell Area Park and Roswell North Elementary School Parking Lot (RIGHT NEXT DOOR), to Roswell Area Park. The address is 10517 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA. Same route as our Saturday ride, 6:00 PM start — changed parking lot.
A Group 20-23 mph average – 25 miles,
B Group 18-21 mph average – 20 or 25 miles
C Group 16-18 mph average – 20 or 25 miles no drop
D Group 10-14 mph average – 12 miles partial road mostly trail
Our goal is to have a safe, friendly and challenging ride for all.
• We support those with mechanical problems and flats. B, C & D groups
• We do not use Aero Bars unless riding in the rear or front of the pack.
• We stop at Stop signs.
• We do not use ear phones or ear plugs.
• We obey traffic rules and try at all times to be courteous to motorist.
• We always wear helmets.
This communication is merely a way of notifying those interested in our Thursday Night ride.
It does not reflect any responsibility for the care or safety of those participating.
All riders, ride at their own risk.
Go here for the route map for the A, B and C group. D group map is under construction.
Disclaimer: Cycling is a dangerous sport. These rides are informal community rides and this information is provided as a public service. The ride leader and BikeRoswell! are not responsible if you get lost or hurt while riding your bike. You ride at your own risk and assume all responsibility for yourself and your equipment.
Please be reminded that a purpose of Bike Roswell! is bicycle education. As you ride today, you represent Bike Roswell! This makes you educators. You serve as a model to other cyclists who are just learning the rules of group riding and to motorists and pedestrians. Bike Roswell encourages bicycle riding in the city, however Bike Roswell! assumes no liability for this ride: you ride at your own risk. This is a ride: not a race. By participating in this ride as a Bike Roswell! cyclist, you are agreeing to adhere to the following:
• Wear your helmet and keep your ears clear (no ear buds)
• Ride no more than two abreast, as far to the right as practical
• Call out “Car Back” or “Car Up”
• When you hear “Car Back” or when a car or truck is behind you, ride single file
• Call out your intentions to riders immediately behind you: “Slowing” “Stopping”
• Use traffic hand signals when appropriate • Point to road hazards and/or call out to riders behind you: “Gravel” “Hole”
• Call out to riders/pedestrians you are about to pass: “On Your Left” -except in a pace line always pass on the left
• Obey all traffic signs and signals.
• Ride defensively and use common sense and courtesy toward motorists, pedestrians, and other cyclists.
Special Alert to Thursday night riders on Third Thursday: Alive After 5 will be on Canton Street this evening. This is a great opportunity to build good will. Follow all rules of the road. Wait your turn, do not pass vehicles. If you prefer a less trafficked route, continue past Canton Street, and turn right on Green Street, Right on Alpharetta Street, and left on Norcross Street. Rules of the Road apply.
NEW – Thursday Night Ride Start/Finish:
Roswell Area Park, 10517 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075
View larger Map Here