Thursday Night Ride Returns! Brand New Start Location! 6 PM Spring Start Time!
Start/Finish is NEW Start/Finish location: Heart of Roswell Park 925 Canton St, Roswell, GA 30075
Start/Finish: NEW Start/Finish location: Heart of Roswell Park 925 Canton St, Roswell, GA 30075
Distance: 25 miles
Ride level: For experienced riders (A, B, C)
Come join Bike Roswell! and celebrate the return of Spring as the Thursday night ride returns! Join us in Roswell and ride beautiful flats along the Chattahoochee coupled with spectacular climbs (1500 ft of ascent) that can challenge the best rider. The Thursday Night ride is generally a faster paced ride than our Saturday ride. This ride is generally best for riders with some experience with group rides and road riding.
All groups will start at ***6:00 PM*** It will be near dark by your return so please bring lights to be safe. Please be familiar with the route and alert the ride leaders if you plan to break off or cut your ride short.
NEW Start/Finish location: Heart of Roswell Park 925 Canton St, Roswell, GA 30075
PLEASE NOTE: We are trying out a new start finish location. Limited parking is available at Heart of Roswell Park, additional parking located across the street at City Hall.
A Group 20-23 mph average – 25 miles,
B Group 18-21 mph average – 20 or 25 miles
C Group 15-17 mph average – 20 or 25 miles no drop
Our goal is to have a safe, friendly and challenging ride for all.
• We support those with mechanical problems and flats, BUT be prepared you should have your own spare tube and CO2 cartridge or pump
• We do not use Aero Bars unless riding in the rear or front of the pack.
• We stop at Stop signs.
• We do not use ear phones or ear plugs.
• We obey traffic rules and try at all times to be courteous to motorists.
• We always wear helmets.
This communication is merely a way of notifying those interested in our Thursday Night ride.
It does not reflect any responsibility for the care or safety of those participating.
All riders, ride at their own risk.
Disclaimer: Cycling is a dangerous sport. These rides are informal community rides and this information is provided as a public service. The ride leader and Bike Roswell! are not responsible if you get lost or hurt while riding your bike. You ride at your own risk and assume all responsibility for yourself and your equipment.
Please be reminded that a purpose of Bike Roswell! is bicycle education. As you ride today, you represent Bike Roswell! This makes you educators. You serve as a model to other cyclists who are just learning the rules of group riding and to motorists and pedestrians. Bike Roswell encourages bicycle riding in the city, however Bike Roswell! assumes no liability for this ride: you ride at your own risk. This is a ride: not a race. By participating in this ride as a Bike Roswell! cyclist, you are agreeing to adhere to the following:
• Wear your helmet and keep your ears clear (no ear buds)
• Ride no more than two abreast, as far to the right as practical
• Call out “Car Back” or “Car Up”
• When you hear “Car Back” or when a car or truck is behind you, ride single file
• Call out your intentions to riders immediately behind you: “Slowing” “Stopping”
• Use traffic hand signals when appropriate • Point to road hazards and/or call out to riders behind you: “Gravel” “Hole”
• Call out to riders/pedestrians you are about to pass: “On Your Left” -except in a pace line always pass on the left
• Obey all traffic signs and signals.
• Ride defensively and use common sense and courtesy toward motorists, pedestrians, and other cyclists.
Check the top of this page for the latest start time and any changes. The current start time will be posted on this page. The ride starts Let’s ride our bikes!