Riding with Bike Roswell! Bicycle Safety Briefing
In order to make Roswell a more bicycle friendly city, the safety briefing is given before all Bike Roswell! group rides.
Please be reminded that a purpose of Bike Roswell is bicycle education. As you ride today, you represent Bike Roswell! This makes you educators. You serve as a model to other cyclists who are just learning the rules of group riding and to motorists and pedestrians. Bike Roswell encourages bicycle riding in the city, however Bike Roswell! assumes no liability for this ride: you ride at your own risk. This is a ride: not a race. By participating in this ride as a Bike Roswell! cyclist, you are agreeing to adhere to the following:
- Wear your helmet and keep your ears clear (no ear buds)
- Ride no more than two abreast, as far to the right as practical
- Call out “Car Back” or “Car Up”
- When you hear “Car Back” or when a car or truck is behind you, ride single file
- Call out your intentions to riders immediately behind you: “Slowing” “Stopping”
- Use traffic hand signals when appropriate
- Point to road hazards and/or call out to riders behind you: “Gravel” “Hole”
- Call out to riders/pedestrians you are about to pass: “On Your Left” -except in a pace line always pass on the left
- Obey all traffic signs and signals.
- Ride defensively and use common sense and courtesy toward motorists, pedestrians, and other cyclists